South Africa’s solar horizon: Navigate the IPP market to build a successful & productive CSP business in South Africa
This is ‘the’ place bringing local and international stakeholders to meet and discuss how to drive the CSP industry forwards in South Africa. Benefit from an information packed 2 days with answers on how to overcome the roadblocks for a successful South African CSP business.
The future of CSP in South Africa has never looked brighter, and at the CSP Today South Africa 2012 conference you will gain the answers on::
- South Africa’s CSP status: Get updates on how to align your CSP technology with South Africa’s incentives & pricing to win RFPs for your projects
- CSP technology tutorial: Evaluate cost v efficiency, storage capability and South African adoption from trough to tower and beyond to get the best technology for your project
- Long term IPP success: Formulate your business plan to power into Phase II , use success stories and meet the buyers to get your project license in a competitive market place
- Localising your project: Streamline your CSP procurement through effective partnerships and local sourcing to meet requirements and grow a domestic market
- International lessons learned: Global CSP market on South Africa’s doorstep: Journey the CSP plants of the world and get exclusive access to critical data from development to commissioning and beyond
- Securing project finance: Get financed fast! Prove CSP’s bankability to your investors and the world to compete for the cash with other renewables
CSP Today offers well organised, informative conferences with a strong focus on networking
Claudia Dykes, EagleBurgmann Germany
The key stakeholders and the most experienced international experts ready to share their knowledge with you
This will be a melting pot of CSP developers, EPCs Technology Providers, Government Officials, Investors and industrial power offtakers. But not only this, we have guaranteed only the very best speakers will be taking the stage ready to present, analyze, debate, deliver and discuss key industry issues, opportunities and challenges to ensure you take home a robust strategy to grow your CSP business in South Africa.
We have confirmed 25+ speakers, just have a look at a sample of the great line up:
- Vikesh Rajpaul, Senior Manager – CSP, Eskom
- Michael Geyer, Director – International Business Development, Abengoa
- Yousuf Haffejee, Head of Single Buyer Office, Eskom
- Lucy Chege, Divisional Executive: Investment Banking Division, Development Bank South Africa
- Jose Nieto, Chief Administrative Offcier of Electricity & New Energy Division, Acciona
- Christoph Rickter, Project Manager, DLR
- Kevin Nassiep, CEO, South African National Energy Research Institute
- Rowan Goeller, Director, Group 5
- Jeffrey Robile, Programme Director -Solar Park /Corridor, CEF
- Alastair Campbell, Head of Power Finance, Standard Bank
- Sebastian Schmidt, Solar Millennium
Have a look at the full speaker line up here, or even better download the brochure and you be the first to get speaker interview and updates
The most productive 2 days you will spend all year…
Growing your CSP business is not going to happen overnight, but we can ensure you that attending the CSP Today South Africa Conference will be the fast track way in achieving your South Africa objective! It is rare to have so much international CSP experience in one room, saving you time and money in getting infront of the key contacts. That’s why we have tailored the event to ensure networking is even easier for you to meet who is important to your business:
- Online networking tool – 1 week prior to the event you will be given exclusive access to an online networking tool, so you can see who is attending and book in advance key meetings with speakers, sponsors & delegates
- Cocktail networking party – On the evening of February 7th, you are invited to enjoy some drinks to meet with all the attendees and develop your relationships
- Extended coffee and lunch breaks – Giving you even more opportunity to continue conversations from the conference room and meet the people that matter to your business
- Exhibition zone – The hub of activity will take place in the expo zone, providing you a chance to meet with the solution providers and swap even more business cards.
Find out more about the added value event features that you will maximise your investment in the summit by looking at the brochure today!
Giving you the tools to develop a winning CSP strategy for the long term
Whether you already have CSP experience in the US or Spain or establishing a CSP business in South Africa, the only thing that matters is acquiring knowledge specific to the geography and dynamics of the South African market. And you will get just that! The only issues that have made it to agenda are the topics that bring you closer to securing an IPP agreement and building a successful & productive CSP business in South Africa. including
- To what extent will CSP’s dispatchability meet South Africa’s energy demand?
- What are the industrial application opportunities for CSP in the mining and chemical industry?
- What are the country specific challenges in getting a CSP project from conception to commissioning?
- At what stage will it make sense to establish a domestic CSP supplier base in South Africa & how wills this be achieved?
- What design and engineering lessons can be adopted to meet South Africa’s specific solar and environmental resources?
These are just a few of the questions we will be giving you answers to during the 2 days. Have a look at the comprehensive program in the brochure to find out what else will be discussed and who has the answers!
If you sign up for updates, we will send you the information and other news via your inbox!
Reserve your seat NOW spaces are limited and will sell out fast!
I hope to see you in Johannesburg in February! In the meantime, if you have any comments, suggestions, or questions, please email, call, or join me on LinkedIn! 🙂
+44 (0) 207 375 7206