As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our headquater in Germany/Eschborn, we are looking for a
Intern (m/w) in the field Financial Systems Development and Insurance
Field of activity
Climate change has a negative impact on human habitat and nature. In this context the need for integrated management strategies for the prevention and mitigation of climate risks in order to reduce the financial consequences of extreme weather events increases.
The lack of adequate risk transfer mechanisms is a major reason for societies not being able to achieve and maintain achieved Millennium Development Goals. Climate change induced catastrophes, or even increased weather variability can undo progress reached in poverty reduction, threaten food security and often require liquidating investments; they reduce employment, force migration of wage earners as well as disenrollment of school going children. Large-scale events such as severe droughts or floods can affect entire societies, thereby posing an extra-budgetary strain, quasi-fiscal liabilities and reduced macro-economic performance, in addition to the social impacts. Therefore, better and widely accessible indirect and direct insurance and risk transfer products on that respond to the needs and capacities of developing country populace as well as governments are key for stable economic development and poverty reduction.
- You assist in preparing and carrying out analyses and projects.
- You prepare presentation materials and write concept papers on various topics.
- You support your team at the substantive and logistical preparation of events and workshops.
- You conduct research on various topics in the area of climate risk management.
- You support the team in knowledge management, the writing of knowledge products and information exchange.
- You assist in the general day to day business and take on administrative tasks.
- You have just completed your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics or Disaster Risk Management or Climate Change Adaptation or related fields such as engineering/energy/science or are nearing completion of your Master’s program.
- You can demonstrate some experience in financial sector development, especially insurance from internships or university works.
- Expertise or background in renewable energy would also be beneficial.
- You have gained experience through internships or exchange semesters in developing countries.
- You have a very good command of spoken English and very good writing skills.
- You have demonstrated analytical and research skills, preferably in the insurance or energy sector.
- You have good knowledge of the standard Microsoft Office applications.
- You have above-average organizational skills and able to think structured.
- You are efficient and self-organized and can quickly dive comprehensively into new topics.
- You are at best six months available.
- Finally, you bring joy to team work and good communication skills with you.
24.10.2016 – 23.04.2017
We pay a monthly stipend of € 1.463,- (gross pay)
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Packmohr (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 03.10.2016..