Webinar – Support Schemes for Renewable Energy Development and Grid Development
- Wednesday March 10, 2010, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Central European Time
Some fundamental questions for any country willing to introduce renewables and distributed generation:
- Which are the different incentive schemes for the promotion of distributed generation and renewables?
- Feed-in Tariffs, Quota Obligation, Tenders, Fiscal Incentives… What proved to work and what didn’t?
- Accommodating increasing amounts of distributed generation requires new grid developments. Which are the incentives?
KEMA Consulting will be presenting its analysis on these questions, based on the report System Integration of Distributed Generation – Renewable Energy Systems in Different European Countries.
About the speaker : Jitske Burgers studied Business Economics and specialised in Environmental Economics at the Free University of Amsterdam. She is a consultant with a broad-ranging experience in the fields of renewable energy and European projects management. Her key areas of expertise are:
- renewable energy support mechanisms,
- economics of renewable energy,
- monitoring the development of renewable energy,
- tradable policy instruments.
Her experience has been gained as a European Projects Coordinator both in the Netherlands and Ireland : SETREC (implementation of Guarantees of Origin), European Energy Award… She also worked for SWS, CEA and WRR. At KEMA she works, among others, on the elaboration of a scenario study for the Romanian Green Certificates market and on a research on Dutch feed-in support scheme.