With wind turbine design, manufacturing and assembly facilities in Germany, Spain, China, Canada and the United States, GE Energy’s Renewables Energy business is among the leading providers of wind energy products and support services ranging from commercial wind turbines and grid integration projects to project development assistance, operation and maintenance.
GE Energy offers a competitive salary and rewarding benefits program, including tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and developmental programs at all levels. GE Energy values the health and well-being of our employees and makes available work/life initiatives that allow employees to meet the demands of their customers and manage their life outside of work. GE is also proud to be recognized by Working Mother Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers. These elements, along with an inclusive environment that fosters both personal and professional growth continue to make GE a global employer of choice.
Region Sales Leader – Middle East & Africa, Renewable Energy
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Sales Management
Role Summary/Purpose: This position is responsible for leading GE Renewable Energy’s sales activities and relationships in the Middle East and African regions. This position reports directly to the General Manager, Renewable Energy Sales & Commercial Operations and will also have strong ties to regional leadership, both in the Renewable Energy business and in the broader GE Energy business.
• Develop and execute an overall Renewable Energy growth strategy for the Middle East and Africa regions customer base. This includes wind and solar opportunities.
• Lead the sales team to develop and execute account strategies in pursuit of top line growth across the region.
• Develop strategic customer relationships with key decision makers in support of sales teams account strategies.
• Own the accurate forecasting of orders and convertible orders at the regional level.
• Coordinate with GE Energy sales personnel across the region to implement account strategies and close orders.
• Lead the overall at-the customer for-the-customer and boundaryless sales strategy in coordination with the broad GE Energy sales force in the region.
• Promote a customer-centric mindset.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or marketing (or equivalent degree program)
• 8+ years in sales leadership, with successful track record and tangible results
• Proficiency in applicable software and sales tools (CMS, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• 3+ years working with customers in Middle East and/or Africa
• 2+ years in Renewable Energy industry