The OECD and DIE would like to invite you to a SB42 side event on June 8 at 15h in room Kaminzimmer on
How best to incorporate adaptation in the 2015 agreement?
This side event will present results of recent analyses by OECD, DIE and the OECD/IEA’s Climate Change Expert Group of private and public adaptation interventions on the ground, and draw out the key implications for the role of adaptation in the post-2015 agreement. The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion.
Facilitators: Simon Buckle (OECD and Imme Scholz (DIE)
- Jane Ellis (OECD) – The role of the 2015 Agreement in Enhancing Adaptation to Climate Change
- Pieter Pauw (DIE) – Private adaptation and adaptation finance: opportunities and challenges
- Michael Mullan (OECD) – Assessing countries’ progress on adaptation: M&E and the NAP process
Panellists: Richard Klein (SEI), Linda Siegele (UCL) and Batu Uprety (LEG)(tbc)
Main discussion questions:
- How can an international agreement enhance adaptation actions at the national and sub-national level
- Should private sector adaptation or adaptation finance be explicitly mentioned in the Paris Agreement, and if so, how?
- How best can the monitoring and reporting arrangements for the 2015 agreement strike a balance between consistency with countries’ existing systems and international comparability?
We look forward to seeing you there!
Climate, Biodiversity and Water Division