Our client is a leading and fast-growing supplier of PV energy solutions, focusing on making solar power attractive and affordable to customers and investors worldwide. A customer and solution driven organization, dedicated at deploying the best available technologies to develop, build and operating PV systems. The first turnkey PV supplier with a triple ISO certification. The track-record includes more than 180 MWp PV installations worldwide. We are seeking an Asset Manager and Project Company Controller for the office in South Africa.
Below some key points regarding this position:
· Job Title: Asset Manager and Project Company Controller
· The position is based in Johannesburg (Sandton)
· Reporting to: Country Manager
The main responsibilities are:
Help Project Company’s Managing Director to ensure compliance with the terms of all Project and Finance Agreements, related document management and planning. Monitoring (anticipated) breaches
Liaise with the counterparties to the Project and Finance Agreements as well as advisors and service providers appointed by the Project Company. Support waiver requests and re-negotiations
Prepare periodic and ad hoc reporting and notifications required under the Agreements, prepare periodic asset management reports to the Managing Director, support the reporting to the Board of Directors
Support the Managing Director in monitoring of the plant’s electricity production and the EPC and O&M Contractors’ services, including taking over, maintenance and repairs, downtime and performance ratio, warranty and insurance claim handling, site visits
Prepare long-term forecasts and short-term annual cash and accounting budgeting, carry out budget-to-actual deviation analysis
Ensure quality of the Project Company’s payroll, bookkeeping, management and statutory accounting and reporting, statutory audit and tax return processes
Oversee cash management and treasury operations, invoice processing and dispute management
Ensure general compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Companies Act 2008, help the Managing Director to maintain good corporate governance
· Other managerial and administrative assistance and advice requested by the Managing Director, including financial, accounting, fiscal, basic legal or/and insurance advice
· A degree in Business Administration or Engineering, or similar
Preferably 3-5 years’ experience with asset management or cost controlling, financial advisory, accounting or auditing
Experience with project and finance agreements, including power purchase and distribution agreements, EPC and O&M agreements, loan facility and shareholders’ agreements
· Hands-on, curious and meticulous: being interested in how the complex contracts work and how they interact with the real life of a project-financed independent power producer
· Self-reliant, dedicated and someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and responsibilities without being “micro-managed” on daily basis. Loyal to the asset under management. Flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude (“no task is too small – no task is too big”)
· Efficient, structured and able to handle complex contract and reporting templates
· Assertiveness and organizational skills. Able to operate in complex and dynamic working environment, with several reporting points. A team player
· Fluency in reading and writing English
· Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, advanced financial modelling skills, deep knowledge of the cash management, accounting and budgeting
What’s on offer
· A challenging and varied position, within the rapidly growing Solar PV industry.
· A working culture of team work and openness in a very international business.
· A good training on the job by experienced international colleagues.